Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bugs on the other side of the Yakima River

Two different views of the same dragonfly. I kept walking around to get a face shot, and it kept hopping around to show me its rear. Love to know what it thought I was doing.

This black dragonfly was huge, at least 5" long from nose to tail.


This turquoise dragonfly was really stunning looking. Hard to photograph as it didn't sit still and stayed in the shadows.


Walked in a hateful little area, lots of bugs and tons of trash. It was 101 degrees and Murphy couldn't handle the heat, so I trusted Finn to walk along and carried/coaxed Murphy. Big mistake - Finn found something extremely pungent to roll in. Don't know where she's sleeping tonight, but it isn't with me.
The dragonflies are new types. Amazing variety of dragonflieys, and these are just across the river from all the others I've taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment